KVP International, Inc., a mainstay in the veterinary industry since 1964, is looking for an experienced Strategic Accounts Director. In our ever-evolving efforts to service animal health professionals around the globe, we’re seeking out the ideal candidate to join our team to help manage, cultivate, and increase our roster of B2B customers.
These accounts include but are not limited to corporate groups, hospital chains, buying groups, telemedicine companies, universities, research facilities, and retailers. The Director will provide support to the accounts who utilize distribution, solicit direct sales from those who do not, build programs around KONG and Balto product lines, coordinate private label projects, and work with all strategic accounts to ensure the KVP brand remains synonymous with quality, value, and dependability throughout the industry.
The Strategic Accounts Director will:
- Report to, and operate under the general direction of the VP, Sales & Business Development.
- Project-manages private label & product development programs.
- Responsible for KVP Sales; growth, account management, identifying sales opportunities, providing exemplary customer service, and conflict resolution, in the service of KVP, Private Label Manufacturing for our Customers, and more.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with Strategic Accounts’ Senior Management.
- Identify and secure new accounts throughout the year.
- Manage the day-to-day needs of KVP’s Strategic Accounts in the United States.
- Project manage private label programs, assisting with sourcing when required.
- Communicate and coordinate support efforts for accounts with the KVP Marketing and Customer Relations Teams.
- Meet established sales goals from Quarterly Forecast Meetings.
- Maintain positive relationships with key Account Representatives.
- Uphold best-in-class communication standards between departments; always operating in an open and respectful manner.
- Provide regular feedback to management, including but not limited to: clinic visits, successes and failures in the region, marketing promotions, and Account-based programs.
- Exhibit/Attend key National, Regional, & State veterinary conferences.
Regularly converse and strategize with the Vice President, Sales & Business Development on the following:
- Challenges, needs, and opportunities with Strategic Accounts.
- Sales overall and by account; profitability by KVP-branded and Private Label programs.
- Budgetary needs in the region; travel, promotions, programs, etc.
- Prioritization of new accounts and new markets.
- Other duties as requested.
- Quarterly sales growth 8% +, overall.
- At or below budget, quarterly.
- Meeting or exceeding bi-annual forecast goals.
- Conduct quarterly performance evaluations with key accounts to ensure KVP is exceeding expectations.
The ideal candidate has:
- A roster of active, personal connections across the US veterinary market.
- 10+ years experience in business development or strategic account management.
- 5+ years experience in the veterinary industry.
- 3+ years in purchasing, procurement, or international sourcing.
- Familiarity with NetSuite, SalesForce, or SAP’s CRM and reporting software.
- The ability to travel up to 50%
NOTE: Experience in R&D is preferred but not required.
This is a remote position and qualified candidates are welcome to apply from anywhere within the continental United States. Salary is commensurate with experience, plus health insurance, 401K, and bonus pool participation. Phone and computer are also included.
Sales Department | Opening Date: 07-12-2022