The Balto® Jump is designed to support one of the most common injuries in canines, Cranial Cruciate Ligament (CCL) injuries. Knee injuries and conditions affect millions of patients annually and can include:
- Full or partial tearing of the ligament
- Luxation of the patella
- Knee joint conditions such as arthritis, arthrosis and varus/valgus instability
- pre/post-surgical support
- Compression helps increase blood circulation in the area which helps reduce pain and inflammation.
It can also be used as an alternative to surgery if the patient is not an ideal candidate, pre/postsurgical support, and contralateral support to prevent new injuries. The brace can also be used without splints for conditions such as arthritis and arthrosis. Compression helps increase blood pressure in the area, raising the temperature of the immediate area and helping to reduce pain.
- Removable aluminum splints (radiolucent) for support
- Additional compression for increased blood flow
- Male and female anchor kits
- Trimmable Straps
- High quality, breathable fabric
- Hand washable (always remove aluminum splints before washing)
- Available in six sizes as left or right knee
The Balto® Jump has two pockets which contain angled splints that help restrict the lateral movement, otherwise referred to as a drawer movement, of the knee when necessary. An abdominal band ensures the brace is secured around the dog. An additional stabilization strap is provided for more active animals.
The brace can also be used without splints for conditions such as arthritis and arthrosis. Compression helps increase blood pressure in the area, raising the temperature of the immediate area and helping to reduce pain.
Using the Balto® Jump on both the left and right knees can also help with cases related to:
- Senior dogs as a result of general degenerative process
- Overweight dogs dealing with high pressure on their good leg
- Active dogs with an important compensation behavior